San Francisco mayor Ed Leegave has issued an ultimatum to embattled Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi — resign by 4 p.m. or face an official misconduct charge and the possible forced removal from office. Ross Mirkarimi was sentenced Monday to three years probation, a year of domestic violence intervention classes and other penalties for pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge of false imprisonment of his wife, Eliana Lopez.
San Francisco Mayor Gives Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi, Convicted on Domestic Violence Charge, Until 4 PM to Resign or Face Conduct Charges
March 20, 2012 3:38 pm·0 comments
The following two tabs change content below.
Janet Shan is a freelance journalist and managing editor of the Hinterland Gazette, who is working on her first novel, a mystery based in the hills on Montego Bay.
- Americans James Blackston, Unnamed Teen, Arrested in Connection with Death of Nicola Furlong After Nicki Minaj Tokyo Concert 71 comments
- Curtis Hayden Boyd Jr., 19, Killed After Leading Troopers on Chase, Firing Shots Wounding Two 54 comments
- Drudge Report Goes After Michelle Obama for Her $2K Sun Dress 44 comments
- Chicago Youth, James Bush, 18, Dies After Being Shot on Far South Side 33 comments
- Nurse Verna Deann McClain Charged with Capital Murder in Death of Kala Golden Schuchardt During Baby Kidnapping 32 comments
- Columbia Grad Student Samantha Kwek Commits Suicide After Break-Up with Boyfriend 31 comments
Subscribe to Our Feed
- May 22, 2015
First Lady Michelle Obama addressed racial discrimination in commencement speech at Tuskegee University
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton on immigration reform
TNT Academy founder went on racist tirade at graduation ceremony