GUN CONTROL LEGISLATION: Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) plans to “reintroduce legislation that would curtail the ability of a shooter to fire at length without reloading” following the shooting in Colorado on Friday, the Huffington Post’s Sam Stein reports. “If reports are correct and a high-capacity gun magazine was used to commit these awful murders, Senator Lautenberg will absolutely renew his effort to limit the availability of this dangerous firearm attachment,” Lautenberg’s communications director Caley Gray said. Neither President Obama nor Mitt Romney will touch gun control because it’s not politically correct to discuss that topic. Sad but true. (h/t Think Progress)
NJ Senator Frank Lautenberg Plans to Reintroduce Gun Control Legislation in Wake of James Holmes Shooting Rampage
July 21, 2012 6:56 pm·1 comment
The following two tabs change content below.
Janet Shan is a freelance journalist and managing editor of the Hinterland Gazette, who is working on her first novel, a mystery based in the hills on Montego Bay.
- Americans James Blackston, Unnamed Teen, Arrested in Connection with Death of Nicola Furlong After Nicki Minaj Tokyo Concert 71 comments
- Curtis Hayden Boyd Jr., 19, Killed After Leading Troopers on Chase, Firing Shots Wounding Two 54 comments
- Drudge Report Goes After Michelle Obama for Her $2K Sun Dress 44 comments
- Chicago Youth, James Bush, 18, Dies After Being Shot on Far South Side 33 comments
- Nurse Verna Deann McClain Charged with Capital Murder in Death of Kala Golden Schuchardt During Baby Kidnapping 32 comments
- Columbia Grad Student Samantha Kwek Commits Suicide After Break-Up with Boyfriend 31 comments
Subscribe to Our Feed
Hillary Clinton delivers first major campaign speech
Saturday Nigh Live alum Maya Rudolph channels fake black Rachel Dolezal
TNT Academy founder went on racist tirade at graduation ceremony