The Obama campaign is stepping up its assault on Mitt Romney, with Stephanie Cutter, deputy campaign manager, sending out a graphic email listing “five facts about Mitt Romney’s secrecy.” It cuts deep and she isn’t backing down from her “felony” claim either:
The more everyone finds out about Mitt Romney’s finances, the more questions they have. Perhaps that’s why he’s hiding as much as he thinks he can get away with.
Today, The Boston Globe reported that Romney was still running Bain Capital two years after he claims he left the firm, directly contradicting his campaign’s denial that he was involved in deals that led to layoffs, bankruptcies, and American jobs getting shipped overseas.
It’s a pattern of secrecy, and this is just the latest example of him trying to hide the truth from voters. There are a number of issues in play right now — and voters deserve answers:
1) Mitt Romney refuses to release multiple years of taxes, ignoring decades of precedent.
2) He won’t disclose his “bundlers,” the people raising millions for his campaign.
3) He is the sole owner of a questionable shell corporation in Bermuda.
4) Until recently, Romney kept cash in a Swiss bank account.
5) According to the Globe, he hasn’t been honest about when he was running Bain Capital, even though legal documents refute his claims.
Please forward this email and share this with everyone you know who cares about the outcome of this election.
Everyone deserves the right to judge for themselves whether Romney’s motivations, experience, and perspective are what they want in a president. But Mitt Romney doesn’t want people to have the information they need to make those judgments.
More to come,
Deputy Campaign Manager
Obama for America
Latest posts by Janet Shan (see all)
- Fox News’ Tucker Carlson Calls Freddie Gray Protests “Threat to Civilization” - April 26, 2015
- Boko Haram Militants Seize Lake Chad’s Karamga Island - April 26, 2015
- Clinton Foundation Admits Mistakes As Controversy Swirls Over Foreign Donations - April 26, 2015