Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told CNN on Monday evening after she landed in Peru for a visit that “I take responsibility” for the lack of security at the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that resulted in an attack, which left four Americans dead.
Hillary Clinton insisted during the interview that neither President Obama nor Vice President Joe Biden had been involved in security decisions related to the consulate. She said her “mission now is to make sure such an attack will never happen again — but also that diplomacy, even in dangerous areas like Benghazi, is not stopped.”
Funny the Republicans should take such a partisan approach to this tragedy. I remember another intelligence lapse that left thousands dead, when Osama bin Laden wreaked havoc on our country and George W. Bush was elected to a second term. Go figure.
Latest posts by Janet Shan (see all)
- AC Bongoville Goalkeeper Sylvain Azougoui Dies After Being Kicked in Head in Gabon - April 20, 2014
- CNN Asks if Ku Klux Klan Can Rebrand Itself in Aftermath of Frazier Glenn Cross Shooting - April 20, 2014
- Report: Domestic Violence Has Been Falling for Last 20 Years, Survivor Support Lags - April 20, 2014