Frederick Humphries, 47, has confirmed that he is the FBI agent who initiated the investigation that brought down ex-CIA boss David Petraeus and also confirmed sending topless photograph years ago.
The New York Times reports Humphries believed that the case was purposefully being stalled for political reasons. In October, he contacted Rep. Dave Recihert (R-WA), where he had worked before to ask for his help deliberately going over his bosses heads. Reichert directed him to House majority leader, Eric Cantor who eventually passed the message onto the FBI director, Robert S. Mueller, the Daily Mail reports.
Here’s more on Frederick Humphries from Daily Mail:
- Frederick Humphries, 47, was the agent who initially saw the emails the FBI said Petraeus’ biographer and mistress, Paula Broadwell, sent to Tampa socialite Jill Kelley, a woman she apparently saw as a rival for Petraeus’ affections.
- Humphries joined the FBI in 1996 and first came to prominence in 1999 after an Algerian man was arrested by U.S. Customs agents as he tried to enter Washington state from Canada by ferry. Ahmed Ressam had white powder, chemicals and homemade timing devices in the trunk of his car.
- Ressam claimed to be a French-speaker from Quebec. According to a 2002 Seattle Times story, Humphries, then the only French-speaker assigned to the FBI’s Seattle office, was asked to question him. As soon as Humphries heard Ressam’s accent and phrasing, he knew he wasn’t from Quebec and told his colleagues to arrest him, the story said. It was later learned Ressam was part of an al-Qaida plot to blow up the Los Angeles airport on New Year’s Eve 1999.
- By 2010, Humphries had been assigned to the FBI’s Tampa office and was its liaison to MacDill, home to the military’s Central Command.
- On May 19, 2010, 61-year-old Army veteran Ronald J. Bullock, who was camping at the base, got into an altercation with base security.
- Officials said Bullock sped off on a motorcycle, but was stopped by other security officers and Humphries as he tried to exit a gate. They said he got off the motorcycle and came at Humphries and the officers while brandishing a knife. Humphries fired, killing Bullock. The shooting was later ruled justified.
Latest posts by Janet Shan (see all)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral: Leolah Brown Says Pat Houston is a “Phony” - August 1, 2015
- Ray Tensing Backers UC Cops Phillip Kidd, Eric Weibel, Named in Death of Psychiatric Patient - July 30, 2015
- Samuel DuBose Murder: UC Cops David Lidenschmidt, Phillip Kidd on Administrative Leave - July 30, 2015