NEWTOWN SCHOOL SHOOTING: Adam Lanza, 20, identified as the gunman in the shooting rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. His brother, Ryan Lanza, was initially identified as the shooter, who killed 20 kids and wounded six adults, including his mother, Nancy Lanza; principal Dawn Hochsprung and guidance counselor, Mary Sherlach, at the school. There are now reports that Adam Lanza was mentally disabled. Right. I expected that excuse to surface.
According to media reports, witnesses said Adam Lanza was going from room-to-room shooting adults and kids, after first killing the principal and psychologist execution-style in the main office. Most of the massacre occurred in two classrooms, with one entire class unaccounted for.
More on Adam Lanza:
*Ryan Lanza reportedly told investigators that Adam Lanza was autistic...
HISTORY OF VIOLENCE IN U.S. SCHOOLS:1. Virginia Tech – 32 dead plus the shooter, 16 April 2007, Blacksberg, ColoradoStudent Seung Hui Cho, 23, killed two students in a dorm and then went through building of classrooms armed with two handguns, shooting at random before killing himself. 2. University of Texas – 16 dead plus shooter, 1 August 1966, Austin, TexasFormer Marine sniper Charles Whitman, 25, armed with an arsenal of weapons shot victims from the observation deck of the campus tower.
3. Columbine High School – 13 dead plus two shooters, 20 April 1999, Littleton, Colorado
Students Eric Harris, 18, and Dylan Klebold, 17, opened fire outside the school killing students and one teacher before shooting themselves in the library.
4. Red Lake High School – 9 dead plus shooter, 21 March 2005, Red Lake, Minnesota
Jeffrey Weise, 17, goes on a shooting spree at Red Lake High School killing nine people, including his grandfather, before shooting himself.
5. University of Iowa – five dead plus shooter, 1 November 1991, University of Iowa
Gang Lu, 27, a graduate student from China killed five with a .38-caliber revolver. He was apparently angry because his doctoral dissertation had not been nominated for an academic award.
6. Amish schoolhouse massacre – six dead plus shooter, 2 October 2, 2006, Nickel Mines, Pennsylvania
Charles Carl Roberts IV, 32, executes five girls aged 7 to 13 before killing himself in a small Amish schoolhouse
7. Jonesboro, Arkansas – five dead, 24 March 1998, Jonesboro, Arkansas
Mitchell Johnson, 10, and Andrew Golden, 8, took seven guns to school and pulled the fire alarm and shot students as they headed for the exits. Four died plus a teacher. The pair were sent to a juvenile detention center and released in 2005.
8. Cleveland Elementary School – five dead plus shooter, 17 January 1989, in Stockton, California
Patrick Edward Purdy entered a schoolyard and opened fire with a semiautomatic rifle at Cleveland Elementary School. Five children died and 30 others were wounded including one teacher. He then shot himself.
9. University of Arizona – three dead plus shooter, 28 October 2002, University of Arizona
Robert Flores, 40, a nursing student shot an instructor in her office before entering a classroom and killing two more teachers before committing suicide.
10. Kent State University – four dead, 4 May 1970, Kent State University in Ohio
National Guard troops killed four students who took part in anti-war protests on the campus of Kent State University in Ohio. (Source)
Latest posts by Janet Shan (see all)
- President Obama to Address Nation on Immigration Reform - November 19, 2014
- TV Land Pulls Cosby Show Repeats, NBC Drops Plans for Comedy Series - November 19, 2014
- Cousins Ghassan and Udai Abu Jamal ID’d as Jerusalem Synagogue Attackers - November 18, 2014