NRA issues statement on Connecticut school shooting, says ‘we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken’ by the news. The group has scheduled ‘major news conference’ in Washington, DC area for Dec. 21 and is ‘prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.’ This statement comes five days after Adam Lanza murdered 20 innocent children and six adults at the school. Um, don’t expect that ‘meaningful contribution’ to be anything other than a call for more guns.
December 18, 2012 4:41 pm·1 comment
The following two tabs change content below.
Janet Shan is a freelance journalist and managing editor of the Hinterland Gazette, who is working on her first novel, a mystery based in the hills on Montego Bay.
- Americans James Blackston, Unnamed Teen, Arrested in Connection with Death of Nicola Furlong After Nicki Minaj Tokyo Concert 71 comments
- Curtis Hayden Boyd Jr., 19, Killed After Leading Troopers on Chase, Firing Shots Wounding Two 54 comments
- Drudge Report Goes After Michelle Obama for Her $2K Sun Dress 44 comments
- Chicago Youth, James Bush, 18, Dies After Being Shot on Far South Side 33 comments
- Nurse Verna Deann McClain Charged with Capital Murder in Death of Kala Golden Schuchardt During Baby Kidnapping 32 comments
- Columbia Grad Student Samantha Kwek Commits Suicide After Break-Up with Boyfriend 31 comments
Subscribe to Our Feed
- May 22, 2015
First Lady Michelle Obama addressed racial discrimination in commencement speech at Tuskegee University
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton on immigration reform
TNT Academy founder went on racist tirade at graduation ceremony