Former President Bill Clinton on Obamacare: “I personally believe even if it takes a change in the law, the president should honor the commitment the federal government made to those people and let ‘em keep what they got,” Ozy reports.
Bill Clinton’s words will be twisted and distorted by the right wing. So, here’s the gist of what he talked about:
1. The country is better off with the Affordable Care Act than without it.
2. The enrollment website problems are not unlike enrollment issues during the Bush administration’s Medicare drug benefit rollout in 2006. Even though it was less complicated, it was considered a disaster – but in time, it was fixed.
3. People living in states with Republican governors who took advantage of the Supreme Court’s decision to allow them to opt out of the healthcare law’s Medicaid provision are going to experience a bizarre situation. Individuals with incomes between 133 and 400 percent of the poverty level can buy insurance at new, lower premiums, but working people with incomes under 133 percent of the poverty level will have no coverage. This will then stress hospital emergency rooms. Once this becomes evident, more and more states will flip their position and join the program.
4. “If you like what you’ve got, you can keep it.” This is a promise young people heard clearly, and it’s one President Obama needs to keep — even if it requires a change in the law.
This comes as Rep. John Barrow, D-Ga., endorses House GOP’s ‘Keep Your Health Plan Act,’ saying:
Washington Post: “When folks were first introduced to the Affordable Care Act, they were promised that they could keep their current plan if they liked it,” Barrow said. “As it turns out, that’s not the case today. … This bill is the most responsible, bipartisan approach to removing the insurance burdens many will face in 2014, and I’m proud to work with my colleagues to move it forward.”
You see, Bubba knows how to play the game of politics. It seems President Obama doesn’t. It doesn’t matter if the insurance companies are behind the cancellation of these so-called substandard plans. If people are happy with sh*tty coverage, let them keep them. Free country. The fact is President Obama has only two options. One he can apologize for the misinformation which will have a corrosive effect on his credibility or he can find a way to amend the law and still keep his promise in tact.
Latest posts by Janet Shan (see all)
- Grand Jury Hearing Michael Brown Murder Case Investigated for Misconduct - October 1, 2014
- Michael Dunn Found Guilty of 1st Degree Murder for Jordan Davis Death - October 1, 2014
- US Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Resigns Amid Agent Blunders - October 1, 2014