R. Kelly’s new album Black Panties and his recent appearance at Pitchfork music festival have ignited renewed interest in his sexual assault case involving underage girls. He was acquitted in 2008 in the trial in which he was accused of filming sex with a 13-year-old. Jim DeRogatis, the journalist who first broke the story of R. Kelly’s alleged criminal allegations, said musicians get off too easy. DeRogatis has criticized media outlets such as Pitchfork for allowing him to headline their music festival and Jezebel for giving him a thumbs up for his new album.
The Village Voice’s Jessica Hopper, published an interview with DeRogatis on Monday. Below are some of the most serious allegations against R. Kelly:
- Dozens of lawsuits allege stories of R. Kelly’s sexual assaults on young, African-American girls, according to DeRogatis.
- In one, hundred of pages long, a girl claimed R. Kelly had a relationship with her as a sophomore in high school. He would allegedly pick her and other girls up at school and make them all have sex together. When he dumped her, her suit said, she attempted suicide by slitting her wrists.
- In one video, part of R. Kelly’s infamous child porn indictment, the R&B star reportedly ordered a girl to call him Daddy and urinated in her mouth. “You watch the video … and there is the disembodied look of the rape victim,” DeRogatis said.
- R. Kelly allegedly pressured one high school student to have an abortion. He even “had his goons drive her,” according to DeRogatis.
- DeRogatis also implied that R. Kelly may have paid off one of his alleged victims. When DeRogatis wrote one of his stories, the girl, “fresh out of eighth grade,” and her family suddenly took a six-month vacation to France. “This was an aluminum-siding, lower-middle-class house on the South Side, with a station wagon which is 13 years old — you know what I mean? And now they’re in the south of France,” DeRogatis said. Source: Business Insider
Latest posts by Janet Shan (see all)
- Fox News’ Tucker Carlson Calls Freddie Gray Protests “Threat to Civilization” - April 26, 2015
- Boko Haram Militants Seize Lake Chad’s Karamga Island - April 26, 2015
- Clinton Foundation Admits Mistakes As Controversy Swirls Over Foreign Donations - April 26, 2015