4 Cartoonists, Including Stephane Charbonnier, Among 12 Killed in Paris Attack

4 Cartoonists, Including Stephane Charbonnier, Among 12 Killed in Paris Attack

4 Cartoonists, Including Stephane Charbonnier, Among 12 Killed in Paris Attack (Photo Credit: Mediaite Video Screengrab)

Four cartoonists,  including chief editor Stephane Charbonnier, are among those killed in Paris attack on Charlie Hebdo magazine. @fgeffardAFP, @France24_en Economist and writer Bernard Maris is among those killed at Hebdo offices.

Charlie Hebdo mocked the ISIS in its last tweet:

Paris terror attack caught on video (WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES):

More video of Paris terror attack at Hebdo Magazine:

More from The New York Times:

Xavier Castaing, the head of communications for the Paris Police Headquarters, said that 11 people had died, The Associated Press reported. However, a senior French prosecutor said the toll was 12, including two police officers, in the early afternoon.

The news channel France Info quoted a witness as saying that he saw the episode from a nearby building in the heart of the French capital.

“About a half an hour ago, two black-hooded men entered the building with Kalashnikovs,” the witness, Benoît Bringer, told the station.

“A few minutes later, we heard lots of shots,” he said, adding that the men were then seen fleeing the building.

Mr. Castaing, the police spokesman, said that the three armed men, wearing masks, had forced their way into the offices of the satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo and had fired indiscriminately at people in the lobby, hitting many. He said that they were carrying AK-47 weapons, and that the attack had lasted several minutes before the attackers fled by car.

The police said that an abandoned car used by the gunmen had been discovered by police in the 20th Arrondissement of Paris, a neighborhood with a large immigrant population.

Separately, the “headquarters of media group PRISA is being evacuated in Madrid after suspect package was received.” — Breaking News

Search, Rescue Operation Underway for Missing AirAsia Flight QZ8501

Search, Rescue Operation Underway for Missing AirAsia Flight QZ8501

Search, Rescue Operation Underway for Missing AirAsia Flight QZ8501 (Photo Credit: Wikipedia)

MISSING AIRASIA FLIGHT QZ8501:  A search and rescue operation is underway for AirAsia flight QZ8501 from Surabaya to Singapore that fell off the radar. The airline says missing plane is an Airbus A320-200.

There were 162 passengers on board, including two pilots and five crew members. Indonesian media said there were 156 Indonesians, three people from Korea, and one each from Singapore, France, and Malaysia on board, Voice of America reports. CNN confirms there are 16 children and one infant on board the plane.

The AirAsia flight took off from Surabaya at 5:20 a.m. local time and was scheduled to land at Changi Aiport in Singapore at 8:30 a.m.

BBC reports Hadi Mustofa, an official with the transport minister, told local media the plane lost control over the Java Sea between the Kalimantan and Java islands. He also said the plane requested an unusual route before it lost contact with the Jakarta air traffic control. The weather was reportedly cloudy.

The captain in command of the AirAsia flight had a total of 6,100 flying hours, and the 1st officer a total of 2,275 flying hours, AirAsia says – @TODAYonline

The missing AirAsia flight from Indonesia to Singapore is the third major airline incident for Southeast Asia this year, AP reports. Malaysia Airlines flight 370 from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing went missing on March 8. No wreckage has been located to-date. Malaysia Airlines flight 17 from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur was shot down over eastern Ukraine on July 17.

Airlines’ tweet on missing AirAsia flight QZ8501:

More from Twitter on the missing AirAsia flight:

Martin Place Siege: Shotgun Wielding Man Holding Hostages at Lindt Cafe in Sydney

#BREAKING: Shotgun Wielding Man Holding Hostages in Sydney

#BREAKING: Shotgun Wielding Man Holding Hostages in Sydney (Photo Credit: Twitter)

#MartinPlace siege: A shotgun wielding man is holding hostages  at the Lindt Cafe in Sydney, Australia. There are reports 13 people are being held hostage. Two women were seen in the window crying and holding up a black Islamic flag. The authorities are urging people to stay away. There are reports two gunmen are on the scene.

There are unconfirmed reports that one of the hostage-takers has made contact with police saying that he has ‘devices all over the city’ and ‘wants to speak with the prime minister live on radio’, according to Ray Hadley, from 2GB.

Up to two gunmen are involved in the siege but dozens of armed police have sealed off the streets surrounding the site. One gunman is believed to have a shotgun and possibly an explosive device.

The incident began just hours after a 25-year-old suspect was arrested in a terror raid in Sydney.
Officials have also evacuated the Opera House after reports of a suspicious device. Source: Daily Mail

Authorities: The airspace over Sydney hasn’t been shut down, despite earlier reports, Some planes are being rerouted to avoid police helicopters over hostage situation. – @Y7News

CNN reports, that around 9:44 a.m. local time a woman saw a man with a sports bag. She called police because she thought he may have a gun. The man entered the coffee shop and that’s when it turned into a hostage situation.

PM Tony Abbott press conference:

More from Twitter:

Unmanned NASA Antares Rocket Explodes on Launch in Virginia

NASA Antares Rocket Explodes on Launch in Virginia

NASA Antares Rocket Explodes on Launch in Virginia

A NASA Antares rocket explodes on launch at the Wallops Flight Facility, which is located on the eastern coast of Virginia. The rocket was originally scheduled to take off yesterday but was delayed. The unmanned rocket was taking 5,000 pounds of supplies to the International Space Station.

There is no indicated loss of life but significant vehicle and property damage. Mission control is trying to access what went wrong. Orbital Sciences had the contract with NASA to launch the rocket to take the supplies to the ISS.

Livestream NASA Antares rocket explodes:

Broadcast live streaming video on Ustream

Liberia to Prosecute US Ebola Patient Thomas Eric Duncan for Lying on Health Form

Liberia to Prosecute Thomas Eric Duncan, US Ebola Victim, for Lying on Health Form

Liberia to Prosecute Thomas Eric Duncan, US Ebola Victim, for Lying on Health Form

Liberian officials say they will prosecute Thomas Eric Duncan, the man diagnosed with Ebola in the Dallas, for lying on his health forms.

CNN: Days before he became the first person diagnosed with Ebola on American soil, Thomas Eric Duncan answered “no” to questions about whether he had cared for a patient with the deadly virus.

Before leaving Liberia, Duncan also answered no to a question about whether he had touched the body of someone who died in an area affected by the disease, said Binyah Kesselly, board chairman of the Liberia Airport Authority.

Witnesses say Duncan had been helping Ebola patients in Liberia. Liberian community leader Tugbeh Chieh Tugbeh said Duncan was caring for an Ebola-infected patient at a residence in Paynesville City, just outside Monrovia.

More from KHOU:

Family members of Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan were ordered Wednesday night to stay home or face criminal charges. Four to five people, who are not showing symptoms of the deadly disease at this time, were put under the quarantine by Texas health officials.

The group is not allowed to have any contact with outsiders for 21 days – the incubation period for ebola.

The “control order” — delivered in writing Wednesday night – was given after health officials learned the family members had left their home.

“We have tried and true protocols to protect the public and stop the spread of this disease,” Texas Health Commissioner Dr. David Lakey said. “This order gives us the ability to monitor the situation in the most meticulous way.”

Family: Jason Forbes Dies on Floor of Jamaican Hospital After Workers Ignore Cries for Help

Jason Forbes Dies on Floor of Jamaican Hospital After Workers Ignore Cries for Help

Family:  Jason Forbes Dies on Floor of Jamaican Hospital After Workers Ignore Cries for Help

HORROR:  The family of Jason Forbes are blaming his untimely death of the floor of the Spanish Town Hospital Tuesday night, on the hospital’s negligence.

Here’s more from the Jamaica Observer:

JASON Forbes seemingly foresaw his death while lying on the floor of the Spanish Town Hospital Tuesday night, complaining about a pain in his stomach and pleading for assistance from health care workers.

When his name was eventually called on Wednesday morning and a security guard lifted him from the floor onto a wheelchair, he was dead.

“Mi belly ah hurt mi, unnu help mi nuh, unnu a guh mek mi dead,” Forbes, the father of a 13-year-old daughter, pleaded on Tuesday night, according to his sister Carmen Gunn.

His 76-year-old mother, who spent the night at the Spanish Town Hospital with Forbes waiting for him to be attended to, also tried to get some assistance for him, but was repeatedly told to sit down.

Gunn told the Jamaica Observer yesterday that, after getting to the hospital, some time after 7:00 pm, her mother was told to get Forbes registered, which she did. Gunn said that after her mother registered Forbes they sent her back out with him.

This is the latest controversy to engulf the island. This comes months after Mario Deane died after being beaten by inmates while in custody at a police station in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

CDC Confirms Ebola in Dallas Patient, 1st Case Diagnosed in U.S.

CDC Confirms Ebola Patient in Dallas

CDC Confirms Ebola Patient in Dallas

The Centers for Disease Control confirmed the first Ebola case diagnosed in the Dallas. It is the first case of the deadly virus that has been diagnosed in the U.S.

The patient came from Liberia and is visiting family in the U.S. The individual was not placed in isolation over a four-day period before he or she was placed in isolation on Sept. 28.  The concern for many is that this person should have been placed in isolation to avoid any issues of infecting others he or she came in contact with.

CBS DFW:  CDC Director Thomas Frieden related the information that the individual who tested positive had traveled to Liberia. The person left Liberia on September 19 and arrived in the United States on September 20 with no virus symptoms. Frieden said it was four or five days later that the patient, who is believed to be male, began developing symptoms and was ultimately admitted to Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas on Sunday, September 28.

“We received in our laboratory today specimens from the individual, tested them and they tested positive for Ebola. The State of Texas also operates a laboratory that found the same results,” Frieden said. After the confirmation statement Frieden went on to stress that the testing for Ebola is very accurate, saying that it’s a PCR test of blood.

As far as the medical condition of the infected patient, Frieden did say that he “is critically ill at this point.”

 

REPORT: US General Killed in Afghanistan ID’d as Maj. Gen. Harold Greene

REPORT:  US General Killed in Afghanistan ID'd as Maj. Gen. Harold Greene

REPORT: US General Killed in Afghanistan ID’d as Maj. Gen. Harold Greene


#BREAKING:  Officer killed in Afghanistan identified as Maj. Gen. Harold Greene. He is the most senior American military personnel killed since the Afghanistan war began, the New York Times reports. He is a 34-year veteran of the military. This is a significant event in the military.

Maj. Gen. Harold Greene was the deputy commanding general of the command in charge of training and development of the Afghan National Security Forces.

Greene was killed during an insider attack on Tuesday, when a gunman in Afghan military uniform opened fire at a gathering of U.S. and Afghan military leaders. Several others were wounded in the shooting.

3 Shot at Wellness Center at Mercy-Fitzgerald Hospital in Darby PA

3 Shot at Wellness Center at Mercy-Fitzgerald Hospital in Darby PA

3 Shot at Wellness Center at Mercy-Fitzgerald Hospital in Darby PA

BREAKING:  Three people shot at a wellness center on the campus of Mercy-Fitzgerald Hospital in Darby, Pa., Delaware County, Pa., authorities said.

MyFoxPhilly reports the Delaware County, Pa., district attorney said one female employee shot and killed in the Mercy-Fitzgerald Hospital wellness center shooting and a doctor suffered a graze wound. The suspect, identified as Richard Plotts, was wounded and is in police custody.

The shooting occurred on the third floor of the Sister Marie Lenahan Wellness Center. A female caseworker on the psychiatric ward was killed. The wounded doctor, who had a gun of his own, returned fire, critically injuring Richard Plotts, Delaware County District Attorney Jack Whelan told WTXF-TV.

Meriam Ibrahim, Spared Death Sentence for Apostasy, Meets Pope After Arrival in Italy

Meriam Ibrahim, Spared Death Sentence for Apostasy, Meets Pope After Arrival in Italy

Meriam Ibrahim, Spared Death Sentence for Apostasy, Meets Pope After Arrival in Italy


Meriam Ibrahim, the Sudanese woman sentenced to death for apostasy, is finally free. She flew out of Sudan on an Italian government plane with deputy foreign minister, Lapo Pistelli, who flew to there to get her and her family late on Wednesday. She was released after intense negotiations with the Italian government. Pope Francis had also gotten involved in her case.

Meriam Ibrahim is bound for the U.S. along with her husband Daniel Wani and their two kids. They met with Pope Francis on Thursday after arriving in Rome. They thanked him for his support and he thanked her for staying true to her Christian faith despite the threat of execution if she did not renounce the only faith she knew.