Top Five of Dumbest Republican Quotes of 2012 came from Republicans during the presidential campaign.
1. Mitt Romney: “I’m in this race because I care about Americans. I’m not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there.”
2. Mitt Romney: “I went to a number of women’s groups and said ‘Can you help us find folks?’ and they brought us whole binders full of women.”
3. Roger Rivard: On what his father told him: “He also told me one thing, ‘If you do (have premarital sex), just remember, consensual sex can turn into rape in an awful hurry. Because all of a sudden a young lady gets pregnant and the parents are madder than a wet hen and she’s not going to say, ‘Oh, yeah, I was part of the program.’ All that she has to say or the parents have to say is it was rape because she’s underage. And he just said, ‘Remember, Roger, if you go down that road, some girls,’ he said, ‘they rape so easy.’
4. Richard Mourdock: ”I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”
5. Todd Akin: “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways of shutting that whole thing down.”
Ann Coulter (tweet): “I highly approve of Romney’s decision to be kind and gentle to the retard.”
I highly approve of Romney’s decision to be kind and gentle to the retard.
— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) October 23, 2012