FBI Director Chris Wray throws Donald Trump and John Kelly under a bus saying that former White House aide Rob Porter’s background was checked and they were notified of the allegations of spousal abuse. Um, oops.
Wray and the other intelligence chiefs were testifying at a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee when he was grilled by Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR), who pressed him on Rob Porter’s background check.
“Well, senator, there’s a limit to what I can tell you is that the FBI submitted a partial report on the investigation in question in March and a completed background investigation in late July that soon thereafter we received requests for follow-up inquiry,” Wray responded to Wyden.
“And we did the follow-up and provided that information in November and that we administratively closed the file in January and then earlier this month we received some additional information, and we passed that on as well,” he continued.
According to the FBI Director Wray, the FBI provided the White House with information about Rob Porter last year. The White House is lying about what they knew and when they knew it. https://t.co/J4TsEXQZin #RobPorter #FBI pic.twitter.com/xI3yW8k5YW
— Sarah Reese Jones (@PoliticusSarah) February 13, 2018
It turns out the White House wasn’t in the dark as Trump and his sycophants have claimed. White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, as well as deputy press secretary Raj Shah both lied when they said the background check was ongoing. Huckabee Sanders said the White House didn’t receive any specific papers. Um, lies, lies and more lies.