After two record highs in the 80s (Tuesday and Wednesday), a strong cold front brought more seasonal temperatures to North Texas. This cold front is bringing in a very strong NW wind this morning. In fact, the wind warning is in effect until 9 a.m. today with gusts up to 45 mph.
While it’s getting colder today, things are really just balancing out. The highs today will be close to the norm for mid-January in the mid-50s. Overnight and morning lows will drop to mid and above 30 on Friday morning and Saturday morning. High temperatures will rise into the 60s and 70s this weekend.
The weekend looks dry, with only light rain possible in the middle of next week.
— NBC5 Weatherman Grant Johnston
- THURSDAY: Much cooler and windy with sunshine. Wind warning until 9am. Altitude: 57. Wind: NW, 20-40 mph.
- THIS NIGHT: Clear and cold. Low temperature: 35. Wind: NW, 5-12 mph.
- FRIDAY: Sunny and cool. Low: 35. High: 56. Wind: N 5-10 m/s.
- SATURDAY: Cold in the morning, then sunny, windy and pleasant. Low: 36. High: 63. Wind: South, 10-20 mph.
- SUNDAY: Partly cloudy, windy and moderate. Low: 48. High: 71. Wind: South, 15-25 mph.
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 56. High: 74. Wind: South, 10-20 mph.
- TUESDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 52. High: 73. Wind: South 10-15 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of rain. Low: 50. High: 70. Wind: Northwest 10-15 mph.
- THURSDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 48. High: 68. Wind: SW 5-10 m/s.
- FRIDAY: Partly cloudy and mild. Low: 46. High: 68. Wind: SW 5-10 m/s.
- SATURDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 40. High: 62. Wind: NW 10-15 mph.