There are a lot of things you need to know about racing, whether you’re in it, you’re a spectator, or you’re just driving through downtown Houston this weekend.
HOUSTON – Houston Marathon Week, which includes the annual Chevron Houston Marathon, Aramco Houston Half Marathon, and the We Are Houston 5K, returns this weekend!
That being said, there are a lot of things you need to know about racing, whether you’re in it, you’re a spectator, or you’re just driving through downtown Houston this weekend.
Saturday, January 14: We Are Houston 5K presented by Aramco and Chevron.
- Starts at McKinney & Crawford
- 6:30 a.m. – 5k race day packs open.
- 7:50 – Start for wheelchairs.
- 8:00 – Start of the race
Sunday, January 15: Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon.
- Starts in Congress and Fannin
- 6:50 – Start of the marathon and half marathon for wheelchair users.
- 7:01 – Start of the marathon and half marathon.
Expect traffic to be slow in areas affected by the racecourse.
Click here for a complete list of closed street and highway exits.
Information for viewers
According to the Chevron Houston Marathon, here are some of the best places to watch the race:
- Washington and Sabina
- Waugh/S Heights at Feagan/Willa
- West Grey, Kirby and Bissonnet
- Waugh and Bell
- Westheimer and Kirby
- Kirby and Norfolk
- Bissonnet and Greenbriar
- Montrose and Bartlett
- University and Oden
- Veslayan and Bissonnet
- Post Oak Boulevard in Galleria
- Memorial and N Picnic Lane
- Memorial and S Picnic Lane
- Allen Parkway Memorial
Click here for a complete list of spectator locations.
You can follow the Chevron Houston Marathon on social media:
Facebook: Chevron Houston Marathon
For more parking, track information, and runner information, you can visit the Chevron Houston Marathon website.
HOW 11 on social networks: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube