Tuesday marked the start of a nationwide treasure, Girl Scout cookie season.
Girl Scouts USA kicked off the new year with squads rallying their communities to support the world’s largest entrepreneurial program for girls.
In addition to teaching entrepreneurial skills, the non-profit cookie program funds experiences for military personnel, including service projects, travel, and summer camps.
Here’s your guide to this year’s Girl Scout scoring.
What are the flavors for 2023?
This year, a new taste joins the line of classics.
- Raspberry Rally: These new thin biscuits are crunchy, raspberry flavored and covered with chocolate icing.
- Adventurers: Brownie style cookies topped with caramel cream with a touch of sea salt.
- Caramel Chocolate Chips: These gluten-free chewy cookies contain rich caramel, semi-sweet chocolate chips and sea salt flavor.
- Caramel delicacies: The crunchy cookie has streaks of caramel, coconut and chocolate.
- Lemonades: Spicy shortbread cookies are covered with spicy lemon flavored glaze.
- Peanut Butter Cakes: Crispy biscuits topped with peanut butter and topped with chocolate icing.
- Peanut Butter Sandwich: These are crunchy oatmeal sandwich cookies with a peanut butter filling.
- Thin mints: These crunchy chocolate chip cookies are topped with mint chocolate frosting.
- Toast-hooray!: Cookies in the shape of toast are filled with the aroma of French toast and covered with icing.
- Shamrocks: The famous shortbread cookie is inspired by the original Girl Scout cookie recipe.
All 10 flavors are kosher and halal. Vegan options include mints, peanut butter patties, lemonade and toast! biscuit.
When will the cookies go on sale?
The Girl Scouts of Greater South Texas, a coastal meander region, have already started selling cookies.
You can purchase cookies until Sunday, February 26th.
How much do cookies cost?
The Adventurefuls, Caramel deLites, Lemonades, Peanut Butter Cakes, Peanut Butter Sandwich, Thin Mints, Toast, hooray! and Trefoils cookies are $5 a box. Caramel Chocolate Chips are $6.
The new Raspberry Rally cookie is only available for purchase online at girlscouts.org.
Where can I buy cookies in Coastal Bend?
Visit girlscouts-swtx.org/en/cookies/find-cookies.html to find the nearest Girl Scouts selling cookies. Some places include Chuy’s in Corpus Christi, Lowes Home Improvement on Aransas Pass, and Aztec Coffee Shop in Ingleside.
More:The new Flour Bluff ISD program will teach students how to build an airplane. Here’s what you need to know.
More:Meal time: Here are the Corpus Christi restaurants that opened, closed or moved in 2022.
Consider supporting local journalism by subscribing to the Caller-Times.