The Pineywoods CEU program will take place on January 27 at the Gold Hall in Hallsville.
This is an annual program hosted by Harrison, Gregg, Upshur, Cass and Marion counties. This program allows participants with a Texas Department of Agriculture pesticide use license to receive the five continuing education units required to maintain the license in effect.
Please call and reserve a place and staff for lunch. The registration fee is $35 and is payable locally. Registration will begin at 8:30 am and speakers will begin at 9:00 am. Legacy Ag Credit has kindly offered to sponsor the lunch, so you don’t want to miss this event. The program will end around 15:00 with debriefing and debriefing.
Below are the topics as well as the speakers.
• Gopher Damage and Control, Darren Rozell, Rozell Sprayer Manufacturing Co.
• Grass Weed Control with Prescribed Fire, Megan Clayton, TX, A&M AgriLife Extension Specialist.
• Pesticide Record Keeping and Compliance, Mark Matocha, Associate Professor and Extension Specialist, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension
• Division of Wild Pig Biology and Control, Derrick Banks, Prairie View A&M, Wildlife Management Specialist.
• Fall Army Worm Control Options, Kyle McKinley, Rozell Agri-Tech
Please file a response with the Gregg County Extension Office at (903) 236-8429.
— Shaniqua Davis is Gregg County Agricultural and Natural Resources Development Agent. Email: [email protected]