The jackpot reaches $416 million.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida. Lottery hopefuls won’t become billionaires after someone who bought a ticket in Maine took home a $1.35 billion jackpot on Friday, but a prize of over $400 million isn’t all that bad.
The latest Powerball jackpot rose to $416 million after no one won on Friday night.
Monday’s winning numbers were 4-14-33-39-61 and the Powerball was 3. Next draw on Wednesday.
While $416 million is no small amount, it’s only for the game’s annuity, which pays out over 29 years. Most players want to get their money quickly and take a smaller amount of cash – in this case, $224.9 million.
The current jackpot also has uneasy implications after a $1.35 billion ticket was sold in Maine. The unidentified winner may remain anonymous. Over a dozen other players have won a $1 million second tier prize.
The last Powerball jackpot was won in mid-November. In early November, a single ticket purchased in California won a record-breaking $2.04 billion Powerball jackpot.
The chances of winning the Powerball jackpot are slim – one in 292.2 million.
Huge lottery jackpots have become more common over the past few years as lottery officials have changed rules and ticket prices to increase top prizes.
In 2021, the lottery saw its biggest change as Powerball officials added a Monday draw to their weekly Wednesday and Saturday draw lineup. At the time of the announcement, Powerball announced that the addition of the Monday draw would result in “larger and faster growing jackpots”.
Powerball is played in 45 states, as well as Washington DC, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
What are the biggest US lottery jackpots ever won?
- $2.04 billion Powerball November 8, 2022 (one ticket from California)
- $1.586 billion Powerball January 13, 2016 (three tickets from California, Florida and Tennessee)
- $1.537 billion Mega Millions October 23, 2018 (single ticket from South Carolina)
- $1.35 billion Mega Millions January 13, 2023 (one ticket from Maine)
- $1.337 billion Mega Millions July 29, 2022 (one ticket from Illinois)
- $1.05 billion Mega Millions January 22, 2021 (one ticket from Michigan)
- $768.4 million Powerball March 27, 2019 (one ticket from Wisconsin)
- $758.7M Powerball August 23, 2017 (one ticket from Massachusetts)
- $731.1 million Powerball January 20, 2021 (one ticket from Maryland)
- $699.8 million Powerball October 4, 2021 (one ticket from California)