Winter weather advisories are in effect Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday midnight for areas north and west of DFW. Up to three inches of slush can build up, mostly on grass. Several flyovers could get slippery (or slushy) on Tuesday evening in the advisory area.
It will be damp and cold for DFW today. Rain is possible at any time of the day. The temperature will be below 40 degrees. The rain gave way to a short spell of sleet on Tuesday evening before ending by midnight. Snow is not expected and the roads will be mostly wet.
Following this system, colder air moves into North Texas. The highs will just go up from 40 to 50 on Wednesday and Thursday. Expect overnight lows to drop in the 20s to 30s.
— NBC5 Weatherman Grant Johnston
- TUESDAY: Cloudy and cool with a 100% chance of rain. The rain could turn to snow on Tuesday evening before it ends. Accumulation 1-3″ is possible in the north (mostly on grass). Height: 44. Wind: N 10-20 m/s.
- THIS NIGHT: Chance of intermittent rain or snow early, then gradually clear. Low: 34. Wind: N 10-20 m/s.
- WEDNESDAY: Partly to mostly cloudy and cool. Low: 34. High: 48. Wind: Northwest 10-20 mph.
- THURSDAY: Sunny and cool. Low: 32. High: 53. Wind: northwest 5-10 m/s.
- FRIDAY: Mostly sunny and pleasant. Low: 34. High: 61. Wind: SW 5-10 m/s.
- SATURDAY: Mostly cloudy with 20% chance of showers. Low: 44. High: 63. Wind: South 10-15 mph.
- SUNDAY: partly cloudy, getting much cooler. Low: 48. High: 59. Wind: N 10-20 mph.
- MONDAY: partly cloudy and cool. Low: 34. High: 48. Wind: E 10-15 mph.
- TUESDAY: Mostly cloudy and cool. Low: 39. High: 54. Wind: Northeast 5-10 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy and cool. Low: 34. High: 53. Wind: Northeast 10-15 mph.
- THURSDAY: Partly cloudy and cool. Low: 34. High: 52. Wind: E 10-15 mph.