A cold front moved through North Texas early Thursday bringing more typical January weather. It will be cold tonight, minus 30. Parts of North Texas will experience light frost, generally north and west of the DFW zone.
Friday will see bright sunshine and light winds, but will still be seasonally cold with highs in the 50s.
The weekend will be dry with a warming trend. The highs will be below 60 on Saturday and around 70 on Sunday. Southerly winds will pick up over the weekend, so fire risk will remain high west of the I-35 corridor.
Next week will be milder than usual with highs in the 60s and 70s. Showers and thunderstorms possible on Wednesday.
- THIS NIGHT: Clear and cold. Low temperature: 35. Wind: NW, 5-12 mph.
- FRIDAY: Sunny and cool. Altitude: 56. Wind: C, 5-10 m/s.
- SATURDAY: Cold in the morning, then sunny, windy and milder. Low: 36. High: 63. Wind: South, 10-20 mph.
- SUNDAY: Partly cloudy, windy and moderate. Low: 48. High: 71. Wind: South, 15-25 mph.
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 56. High: 74. Wind: SW 10-20 mph.
- TUESDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 52. High: 76. Wind: South 10-15 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Low: 56. High: 70. Wind: SW 10-15 mph.
- THURSDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 48. High: 68. Wind: SW 10-15 mph.
- FRIDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 46. High: 68. Wind: SE 5-10 mph.
- SATURDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 40. High: 62. Wind: NW 10-15 mph.
- SUNDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 39. High: 62. Wind: 3 5-10 mph.