KILLIN, TX (KWTX) – The city of Killeen will open a warming center for those in need Tuesday through Thursday.
The Moss Rose Center will open at 6:00 pm from January 24 to 26 in the 1103 block at E Ave E.
Dinner will be served and the center will remain open overnight to provide shelter to those in need until 9 am the next day.
City partners with Moss Rose Center to open #Warming center Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings (January 24 – January 26). The center will open at 6:00 pm to serve dinner and remain open overnight to provide shelter to those in need until 9:00 am the next day. pic.twitter.com/QdqDzyxBoK
— City of Killeen, TX (@CityofKilleen) January 24, 2023
“Despite the fact that food will be provided, the center does not offer full-fledged shelter services. City heating centers are set up for temporary relief from the cold, so no beds or showers are provided,” said Janelle J. Lewis Ford, spokeswoman for the City of Killeen.
To provide a safe environment for community members who use this service, All donations must comply with the following rules:
- Call (254) 327-1164 (ext. 13) in advance to find out what you need
- Food mandatory be in original packaging, not expired and do not require heating
- Blankets must be new, unscented and in original packaging.
Unfortunately, the Moss Rose Center can NO accept the following:
- New or used (including used) toys, clothing, stuffed animals, linens, or candy.
- Items in a gift box
- New or used medical supplies or equipment
Copyright 2023 KWTX. All rights reserved.