The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are 1 in 292.2 million.
WASHINGTON. The winning numbers for Saturday’s $320.6 million Powerball jackpot draw have been announced.
Saturday’s numbers were 35-36-44-45-67 and the Powerball was 14. It wasn’t immediately announced if anyone had won the jackpot.
While the jackpot was previously valued at $325 million on the Powerball website, during the Saturday night draw it was announced as a $320.6 million prize.
If no one wins the top prize, the jackpot will rise even further in the Powerball draw on Monday night.
Then, just one day later, over $1 billion will be at stake during the Mega Millions draw on Tuesday night. The Mega Millions prize has grown steadily for over two months without a winner and is now the fifth largest prize in US history.
The last Powerball jackpot was won in mid-November. In early November, a single ticket purchased in California won a record-breaking $2.04 billion Powerball jackpot.
The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are slim: 292.2 million.
Powerball is played in 45 states, as well as Washington DC, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
Huge lottery jackpots have become more common over the past few years as lottery officials have changed rules and ticket prices to increase top prizes. The last major change came in 2021 when Powerball officials added the Monday draw to the weekly Wednesday and Saturday draw lineup. At the time of the announcement, Powerball announced that the addition of the Monday draw would result in “larger and faster growing jackpots”.
The next Powerball draw will take place on Monday at 10:59 pm ET.
What are the biggest US lottery jackpots ever won?
1. $2.04 billion Powerball November 8, 2022 (one ticket from California)
2. $1.586 billion Powerball, January 13, 2016 (three tickets from California, Florida and Tennessee)
3. $1.537 billion Mega Millions October 23, 2018 (one ticket from South Carolina)
4. $1.337 billion Mega Millions July 29, 2022 (one ticket from Illinois)
5. $1.05 billion Mega Millions on January 22, 2021 (one ticket from Michigan)
6. $768.4 million Powerball March 27, 2019 (one ticket from Wisconsin)
7. $758.7M Powerball August 23, 2017 (one ticket from Massachusetts)
8. $731.1M Powerball January 20, 2021 (one ticket from Maryland)
9. $699.8 million Powerball October 4, 2021 (one ticket from California)
10. $687.8 million Powerball October 27, 2018 (two tickets from Iowa and New York)