Details about the 90th Texas Rose Festival have been revealed.
Officials and community members gathered Thursday night at the Willow Brook Country Club for the Winter Gala benefiting the Tyler Rose Museum. The theme of the festival and the site of this year were announced at the event.
Laura Elaine Bryan, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Arnold Bryan, will be the queen of the festival.
“To be chosen as the 2023 Rose Queen is a huge honor… I am thrilled to represent the Texas Rose Festival and the city of Tyler,” said Bryan. “I will do my best to make both of them very proud.”
Conley Jeanette Patricia Cavender, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Clay Courtney Cavender, was announced as the festival’s princess.
Theme: “History of cinema”. The logo for the festival’s 90th anniversary features a rose red rose with film strips representing the petals in the shape of a camera lens, and a green stem and pale gold crown on the rose.
The elaborate costumes for the queen, princess and ladies-in-waiting will be inspired by this theme. Other elements of the October festival, including ceremonial events such as the Queen’s Coronation, Queen’s Tea, Rose Presentation, and Rose Parade, will also be centered around this theme.
Other court members announced Thursday night include:
- Miss Lauren Nicole Bell, daughter of Mr and Mrs Brian Joseph Bell
- Miss Mary Ella Burlison, daughter of Dr. and Mrs. Scott Alan Burlison
- Miss Macy Brian Drury, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Scott Ransome Drury
- Miss Sarah Elizabeth Frederick, daughter of Dr. and Mrs. Robert Wayne Frederick
- Miss Grace Elizabeth Gordon, daughter of Dr. and Mrs. Charles Russell Gordon.
- Miss Charlotte Lynn Hackney, daughter of Mr and Mrs Joel Marshall Hackney.
- Miss Katherine Sue Jordan, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Scott Jordan.
- Miss Sarah Karen Jordan, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Scott Jordan.
- Miss Celeste Isabella Lay, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Todd Alan Lay
- Miss Millie Ann Martin, daughter of Mr and Mrs Michael William Martin Jr.
- Miss Emma Elise Schuermann, daughter of Mrs Rebecca Meads and Mr Niles Laborde.
- Miss Olivia Louise Patterson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Richard Greg Patterson.
- Miss Molly Ann Sherrell, daughter of Mr and Mrs Jonathan H. Sherrell
- Miss Katherine Carroll Smith, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Gregory L. Smith.
- Miss Emily Caitlin Wilson, daughter of the Hon and Mrs Robert H. Wilson
- Miss Raleigh Louise Brookshire, daughter of Miss Caroline Meads Brookshire and Mr. Trent D. Brookshire.
- Miss Caitlin Clark Hampe, daughter of Mr and Mrs Clark Carl Hampe, Jr.
- Miss Nell Frances Jackson, daughter of Mr and Mrs Benjamin Stanford Jackson.
- Master Charles Loggins McCain Son of Mr and Mrs Charles Clay McCain
- Miss Lillian Frances Stoltz, daughter of Mr and Mrs Michael Douglas Stoltz.
- Miss Mary Margaret Stoltz, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Douglas Stoltz.
- Master Mark Clayton Uzzell, Jr. Son of Mr. and Mrs. Mark Clayton Uzzell, Sr.
- Miss Mary Caroline Ann Willis, daughter of Dr. Sherilyn Willis and Mr. Patrick D. Willis.
- Master Jack Reynolds Waldert Son of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Moroni Waldert, Jr.
A rose festival has been held since 1933 to showcase the community and the importance of the rose industry to Tyler.
Seven companies in the Tyler area process and distribute several million roses each year, and about 75% of all roses in the country are processed in Tyler.