Summary of Comments: What State Newspapers Say

Fort Worth Star-Telegram

January 4 editorial: “A.G. Paxton’s request to change gender on driver’s license raises privacy concerns.”

It takes a lot of effort to change your gender on your driver’s license. According to the Travis County Law Library, a person must first show a court order or change gender on a birth certificate. For this they need a court order. In order to obtain a court order, they must have a letter from a mental health professional stating the diagnosis and that “it is in your best interest to provide a gender change/gender marker,” as well as additional documents.

The right to such changes can and should be discussed in the public sphere, among medical professionals and in courtrooms, but even if the changes seem unnecessary to (Attorney General Ken) Paxton, this does not give his office a green light to go for the witch. hunt.

Content source

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button