We start the work and school week with sunshine. The highs will rise until the mid-50s, which is in season for this time of year.
A severe storm system is expected from late Monday night to early Tuesday morning. Extensive rain will sweep North Texas as cooler air also arrives. From the looks of it, it’s a cold rain, Tuesday morning. This cold rain will change to sleet along and north of I-20, including the Dallas/Fort Worth area, by noon Tuesday. The best chance for snow will be northwest of DFW where a few inches can accumulate (mostly on grass and elevated features). We will continue to monitor this storm system as it moves towards North Texas.
Following this system, colder air moves into North Texas. The highs will just go up from 40 to 50 on Wednesday and Thursday. Expect overnight lows to drop in the 20s to 30s.
— NBC5 Weatherman Grant Johnston
- MONDAY: Mostly sunny, more cloudy in the evening. High: 57. Wind: E 5-10 m/s.
- THIS NIGHT: Turns cloudy with a 60% chance of rain by sunrise. Low: 40. Wind: E 10 mph.
- TUESDAY: Cloudy and cool with a 100% chance of rain, light snow showers in the afternoon. Low: 40. High: 42. Wind: N 10-20 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Partly to mostly cloudy and cool. Low: 34. High: 48. Wind: Northwest 10-15 mph.
- THURSDAY: Sunny and cool. Low: 32. High: 53. Wind: northwest 5-10 m/s.
- FRIDAY: Mostly sunny and pleasant. Low: 34. High: 61. Wind: SW 5-10 m/s.
- SATURDAY: Mostly cloudy with 20% chance of showers. Low: 44. High: 63. Wind: South 10-15 mph.
- SUNDAY: partly cloudy, pleasant breeze, chance of rain 10%. Low: 50. High: 65. Wind: South, 10-15 mph.
- MONDAY: partly cloudy and cool. Low: 38. High: 56. Wind: N 10-15 m/s.
- TUESDAY: Partly cloudy and seasonal. Low: 39. High: 57. Wind: Northeast 5-10 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy and seasonal. Low: 39. High: 56. Wind: Northeast 5-10 mph.