According to court records, Patrick Clark was able to post $1 million bail and was released from prison.
HOUSTON. The man accused of killing Migos TakeOff rapper Patrick Clark posted $1 million bail on Wednesday and was released from jail, according to court records.
Last week, a judge ruled that Clark’s bail should be kept at $1 million. His lawyers hoped to reduce him.
Clark is accused of killing rapper Migos TakeOff. His lawyers fought to have his bail reduced to $300,000 after he argued he was in no danger of running away and did not have the assets to cover the $1 million bail.
“While we respect Judge Hill and his decision today, we do not agree with him and, frankly, are very surprised by him,” Clark’s lawyer, Letizia Quinones, said in a statement.
The bond for Clark was originally set at $2 million. It was then reduced to $1 million almost two weeks later after defense attorneys said the original amount was excessive and against the Texas Constitution.
Quinones was confident that Clark’s bail would be reduced after the judge’s bail was met.
“He asked us to find a collateral company that would immediately notify any violations of GPS monitoring. We did it,” Quinones said.
She also said that they followed Clark’s financial statements and handed over his passport card.
“So it just leaves us wondering what other factors, besides the high-profile nature of this case, would cause a judge to not reduce it to something reasonable,” Quinones said.
The judge left the door open for a possible bail change if the lawyers raise new issues.
Under the Texas Constitution, bonds must not be used as a tool to hold anyone back. This is done so that a person who has been changed as a result of a crime will return to court.
What led investigators to Patrick Clark?
According to the warrant reviewed by KHOU 11, 34 people stood outside 810 Billiards and Bowling before the shooting started, resulting in the death of TakeOff.
According to police, Kuavo started arguing with two men who had just won money in a dice game. One of them was later identified as Cameron Joshua. He has been charged with possession of a weapon.
A fight broke out, after which the two men opened fire. Police say one of the men is Clark.
Police said the video showed Clark pulling out a gun and firing several shots while holding a bottle of wine in his other hand. After the shooting, Clark flees to the House of Blues, where he left a bottle of wine. The fingerprints matched Clark’s when they were later checked by the police.
Clark then returned to the bowling alley before leaving the location.
Investigators said forensic evidence proves that Clark was the only person who could have fired and hit TakeOff from where both men were. Rise was hit twice, once in the back and once in the head.
Clark was arrested during a traffic stop by the police’s Gang Division on December 1. He had a gun at the time, but it wasn’t the one that killed TakeOff. He did not make any comments during the arrest.
Timeline of TakeOff filming
The unexpected death of Kirshnik Hari Ball, better known as TakeOff, shocked not only the hip-hop community, but the whole world.
Nov. 1 — Rapper Migos TakeOff and his bandmate and Uncle Quavo attended a private party at 810 Billiards and Bowling Alley in Houston. After the party ended, a group of more than 30 people gathered near the hall. The dice game led to a heated argument and the shooting of TakeOff.
TO READ: “Please come” | Houston police and mayor ask for public help to find rapper TakeOff’s killer
The police went to the public on the day TakeOff was killed and pleaded with the public to help find TakeOff’s killer. Investigators said all the witnesses gathered after the private party fled after the shooting and no one stepped forward to provide them with information about the shooter.
“I just want to say something to our city. Houston and every brother and sister in the neighborhood,” Houston Police Department Chief Troy Finner said on the day of the shooting. “I call you to action, to become more active. There were at least 40 people at this event and people left, perhaps out of fear. I ask you one thing, and I want it to resonate with everyone. What if it was your brother, what if it was your son?
November 2 — The medical examiner ruled that TakeOff’s cause of death was homicide. According to them, the rapper received “gunshot wounds to the head and torso in the arm.”
the 3rd of November — A nurse who lived down the street where the shooting took place spoke to KHOU 11 and said she tried her best to save TakeOff’s life, but couldn’t do anything.
The nurse said she saw people running and thought it was active gunfire so she didn’t want to go anywhere, but when things settled down she said she heard a scream.
“I think it’s a sacrifice. This is the man who was shot,” she said. “It sounded like a scream of agony. It was a cry of agony, but emotional, not physical.”
She later learned that this scream came from Kuavo. He yelled for an ambulance and looked for help.
TO READ: “I was scared, but I had to leave” | Nurse who tried to help TakeOff after shooting says it was too late
11th of November — TakeOff was buried at a memorial service in Atlanta. Famous artists from the music industry came to pay their respects, including Justin Bieber, Chloe Bailey and Yolanda Adams. Dozens of fans were also present.
Offset and Quavo spoke during the memorial service.
However, no updates or arrests have been made regarding TakeOff’s death.
TO READ: Remembered favorite rapper TakeOff, celebrated at the memorial inside the State Farm Arena
November 12 — The day after TakeOff was buried, Quavo sent a heartfelt message to his nephew on Instagram, calling him his “angel.”
TO READ: “You are our angel” | Quavo remembers TakeOff in a heartfelt Instagram tribute
December 2nd — HPD chief Troy Finner, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner and others held a press conference announcing the arrest in the TakeOff murder case.
Patrick Xavier Clark, 33, has been charged with murder.
TO READ: ‘He was an innocent bystander’: Houston police announce arrest at TakeOff shooting
According to court documents, Clark applied for an expedited passport shortly after the shooting and said he was going to Mexico. He had a passport and a large amount of cash when he was arrested.
Clark first appeared in court on December 2, where the judge set his bail at $2 million.
December 14 – Clark’s bail was reduced to $1 million after defense attorneys said the original amount was excessive and against the Texas Constitution. They also argued that the Clark family could not afford the $2 million bail amount.
HOW 11 on social networks: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube