DALLAS (KDAF) — Food in Texas is just as important as high school football, except it’s year-round and you can do it seven days a week, as opposed to Friday nights and the occasional weekend playoff game.
Texas barbecue may be as important to the state as baking is to the French, or how much New York loves its pizza, it’s a way of life for so many in the Lone Star State. So where can you get the best BBQ in Texas?
We took a look at Texas Barbecue’s report on the top 25 places of 2022: “No programs, no politics, no favorites, just BBQ. It’s not an easy task, but it’s certainly nice and fun to meet some of the best people and taste the best food Texas has to offer. It doesn’t matter if it was a hardware store or a shop on wheels, if they had the best barbecue, you will read about them here, ”the message says.
Here’s a look at the top 10 barbecue spots across Texas:
- Barbecue Kelly’s Hill Country – Wimberley
- Barbecue Panther City – Fort Worth
- Barbecue Brotherton’s Black Iron Barbecue – Pflugerville
- Barbecue Schöpf – Belton
- Mimsy’s Craft Barbecue – Crockett
- Barbecue Rollin Smoke – Austin
- Papa Duncan’s BBQ – Cathy
- Barbecue in Brett’s Backyard – Rockdale
- Tejas Chocolate & Barbecue – Tomball
- Barbecue Blood Bros. – Bellaire
To read more about this report and learn more about delicious BBQ, click here!