DFW experienced two consecutive days of record high temperatures. A cold front will end the heat tonight. The front will bring a gusty northwest wind. The wind warning will be in effect from midnight to 9 a.m. Thursday with wind gusts up to 50 mph.
Thursday will be sharply colder, with highs returning to the 50s within a few days. Overnight and morning lows will drop to mid and above 30 on Friday morning and Saturday morning. High temperatures will rise into the 60s and 70s this weekend.
The weekend looks dry, with only light rain possible in the middle of next week.
- THIS NIGHT: partly cloudy, windy and cool. Low: 44. SW/NW 20-30 mph.
- THURSDAY: Much cooler and windy with sunshine. Altitude: 57. Wind: NW, 15-30 mph.
- FRIDAY: Sunny and cool. Low: 35. High: 58. Wind: N 5-10 m/s.
- SATURDAY: Sunny, windy and pleasant. Low: 36. High: 63. Wind: South, 10-20 mph.
- SUNDAY: Partly cloudy, windy and moderate. Low: 48. High: 71. Wind: South, 15-25 mph.
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 56. High: 74. Wind: South, 10-20 mph.
- TUESDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 52. High: 73. Wind: South 10-15 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of rain. Low: 50. High: 70. Wind: Northwest 10-15 mph.
- THURSDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 48. High: 68. Wind: SW 5-10 m/s.
- FRIDAY: Partly cloudy and mild. Low: 46. High: 68. Wind: SW 5-10 m/s.
- SATURDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 40. High: 62. Wind: NW 10-15 mph.