Sen. John McCain backs the Dream Act and path to citizenship for illegal immigrants. Sen. McCain said on ABC’s “This Week,” “We can’t go on forever with 11 million people living in this country in the shadows in an illegal status. We cannot forever have children who were born here — who were brought here by their parents when they were small children to live in the shadows, as well.” This is a stark departure from the hardline stance many in the Republican Party have taken on immigration reform, including former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, who suggested that self-deportation was an option.
January 27, 2013 12:49 pm·0 comments
The following two tabs change content below.
Janet Shan is a freelance journalist and managing editor of the Hinterland Gazette, who is working on her first novel, a mystery based in the hills on Montego Bay.
- Americans James Blackston, Unnamed Teen, Arrested in Connection with Death of Nicola Furlong After Nicki Minaj Tokyo Concert 71 comments
- Curtis Hayden Boyd Jr., 19, Killed After Leading Troopers on Chase, Firing Shots Wounding Two 54 comments
- Drudge Report Goes After Michelle Obama for Her $2K Sun Dress 44 comments
- Chicago Youth, James Bush, 18, Dies After Being Shot on Far South Side 33 comments
- Nurse Verna Deann McClain Charged with Capital Murder in Death of Kala Golden Schuchardt During Baby Kidnapping 32 comments
- Columbia Grad Student Samantha Kwek Commits Suicide After Break-Up with Boyfriend 31 comments
Subscribe to Our Feed
- May 25, 2015
First Lady Michelle Obama addressed racial discrimination in commencement speech at Tuskegee University
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton on immigration reform
TNT Academy founder went on racist tirade at graduation ceremony