I will admit, I was a little taken aback to learn that Chaz Bono, formerly Chastity Bono, will be one of the contestants on the upcoming season of “Dancing with the Stars.” Well, it can’t be for ratings because HLN’s Nancy Grace, who is widely reviled by many, is also a contestant. But dang, a transgendered contestant is a first. Well, that’s not sitting pretty with a lot of ABC viewers and I suspect they will lose some viewers as well. Here’s a sampling of comments left on ABC’s website:
- You have to literally forsake God, His Word, and common sense to call homosexuality good, normal and acceptable. Chaz is a contestant because of her radical decision; there is no other good reason. There is another gay contestant this season, which makes it obvious that ABC is making a statement…
- Sorry to burst your bubble but God does not get a kick out of homosexuality nor the transgendered. As a matter of fact he destroyed two cities because of homosexuaity…
- I think I am done watching Dancing with the stars. None of these people are stars and I sure don’t want to watch and overweight transgendered person try to make a statement for his lifestyle choice. I want entertainment not social statements …
- It is disgraceful for ABC to take advantage of ‘former’ stars’ mentally ill children. Having a confused person paraded out for everyone to laugh at is not entertaining. It’s just sad and vulgar.
- How sad we continue to drink the Holllywood Koolade…I’m thinking the Good Ole Days really were good…It’s not just DWTS…it’s all of TV now. How awful for our kids .
- It’s not hard to figure out why the Muslims in the Middle East hate us! Figure it out…they never bothered us for centuries until our morals went bad. No way. We have always looked forward to DWTS but this year it will be banned from all televisions in the house. How do I explain Chaz Bono to my 7 year old daughter? Um well she says she’s a he but he looks like a he only he has she parts. Ridiculous. Way to ruin a good family show.
- 1. Chastity Bono is not a star; she is the child of two stars. 2. ABC is giving its seal of approval to body mutilation for those with gender identity disorder. 3. It is not bigoted to state facts. 4. It is very Christian and loving to show a person her error, so that she may either correct it or at least not wallow in her sin. Chastity Bono should live a chaste life. 5. Not accepting social anarchy does not make one hateful. 6. The word “hate” has been co-opted by those who wish to paint others who simply disagree with them in a bad light. It is no longer used in its proper sense, as in “despise.” Source: ABC News
I wonder who Bono’s dance partner will be? Cheryl Burke? That would be too funny! If anything, Chaz Bono’s presence has brought out how uncomfortable many people still are with transgendered people. From a Christian standpoint, that’s just not cool to mess with God’s creation in such a radical way. From a purely human standpoint, why should this person be forced to conform to societal norms?
The show must have hit rock bottom if Nancy Grace, who constantly brags about the twins and spits out venomous comments to people who disagree with her on her show, had even been seriously considered as a contestant. I will be watching just for the comic relief the upcoming season will bring. Um, Ron Artest, who has been known to have a temper tantrum or two, will most certainly have Bruno scared! Can’t wait to see how fashion guru Carson Kressley, who is openly gay, will dance! I thought “DWTS” was for stars, but Rob Kardashian and Chaz Bono? What have they done to be stars? Same thing held true for Bristol Palin. Being the offspring of a star doesn’t make you one. I don’t have a bone in this dogfight, but I’m just saying….