Donald Trump went off the rails during a bizarre speech launching his presidential campaign. It was plain crazy, but in typical Donald Trump bloviating style. He is also running on his wealth and fame. Um, I guess he didn’t see where that got Mitt Romney in 2012. Let me add, he has a 57 percent unfavorability in his own party.
Here are the Top 5 Most Ridiculous Things Donald Trump said:
1. “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending people who have lots of problems. They’re bringing drugs, crime and sending us rapists.”
2. “I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created.”
3. “I’m using my own money. I’m not using lobbyists. I’m not using donors. I don’t care. I’m really rich.”
4. “I will build a great, great wall on our southern border and I will make Mexico pay for that wall.” “Nobody builds walls better than me.
5. “I like China. I just sold an apartment for $15 million to someone from China. Am I supposed to dislike them?” He also added, “I beat China all the time.”
I came across a great article today slamming Trump as a “witless ape.” It’s an entertaining read, considering his campaign is just that — entertainment.
The Trump conglomerate is the Argentina of limited-liability companies, having been in bankruptcy as recently as 2009. To be sure, a lot of companies went bankrupt around then. The Trump gang went bankrupt in 2004, too, and in 2001. Before that, Trump was in bankruptcy court back in 1991 when his Taj Mahal casino in Atlantic City — the nation’s first casino-cum-strip-club, an aesthetic crime against humanity that is tacky by the standards of Atlantic City — turned out to be such a loser that Trump could not make his debt payments.
Donald Trump’s candidacy might be in jeopardy, even before it really gets off the ground. FiveThirtyEight reports he isn’t a real candidate: “Taking into account name recognition, Trump’s net favorability rating (favorable minus unfavorable) of -32 percentage points stands out for its pure terribleness at this point in the campaign. Like his unfavorable rating, it is by far the worst of the 106 presidential candidates since 1980 who are in our database.”
Dan Pfeiffer said it best in his tweet:
The Trump candidacy is a Veep storyline that would have been discarded for being too absurd even for an HBO comedy
— Dan Pfeiffer (@danpfeiffer) June 16, 2015
The GOP clown car has a driver:
— Kim Richards (@kimrichardsaa) June 16, 2015
Watch Donald Trump go off the rails: