A man arrested during a confrontation on a golf course in Dallas has been charged with multiple felony offenses.

A man arrested after a six-hour standoff at a southeast Dallas golf course on Wednesday faces multiple felony charges.

Kevin Knowles, 31, was incarcerated in the Dallas County Jail on charges of aggravated assault on a government official, illegal use of a motor vehicle, evading arrest, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, personal injury accident and illegal possession of a weapon. He did not have a lawyer listed in the court records.

Around 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, police said Knowles was seen driving a car with stolen license plates in the 10500 block of Casnett Drive, off Pleasant Woods Drive in Pleasant Grove.

Knowles ran from cops and ended up crashing in the 6700 block of Bruton Road, where he then ran out of his car onto a golf course, police said. Ty Martinez, top pro golfer at Keaton Park, told The Dallas Morning News that the accident occurred parallel to hole 4, where two regulars were playing.

According to police, Knowles then stole two golf carts and shot a man who tried to stop him. This man was not surprised.

Martinez said that Knowles began to drive up to the entrance in one of the golf carts, but did not foresee the creek before he got stuck in it, jumped out and barricaded himself in a concrete drainage ditch.

Police said Knowles fired at the SWAT officers as they tried to negotiate with him, but only hit a search robot and a ballistic shield.

According to police, after using the “chemical agent,” Knowles dropped his weapon and surrendered.

Helicopter footage from KDFW-TV (Channel 4) shows a police robot rolling towards a culvert and firing gas before Knowles runs out of the culvert and falls to the ground. About a minute later, four police officers took him into custody.

Knowles was loaded into an ambulance on a stretcher, but police said he was not injured and was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

According to police, none of the employees were injured. One person was taken to hospital with injuries from a car accident, but their condition was not disclosed by the department.

Knowles remained in custody Thursday, with bail set at $500,000.

Content source

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button