Utah-based soda chain Swig is looking to open its first Kansas City Metro location at 91st Street and Metcalf Avenue in Overland Park. Photo via Swig.
Swig, a Utah-based soda chain known for its “dirty soda,” is looking to open its first Kansas City Metro location in Overland Park.
The Overland Park Planning Commission unanimously approved a preliminary development plan for the drive-thru soda shop on the southeast corner of West 91st Street and Metcalf Avenue earlier this month.
The Overland Park soda store will be the company’s first in Kansas.
The company menu has a variety of customizable beverages
- His dirty sodas, popularized through social media apps like TikTok, are sweet drinks made from soda, cream, and flavored syrup.
- Some of Swig’s dirty drinks include a Dr. Pepper, vanilla, peach, and half-and-half drink called “Life’s a Peach” and “Dizzle,” which has Sprite, pineapple, peach puree, and coconut cream.
- In addition to sodas, the menu features refreshments, energy drinks, boba, Italian sodas, hot cocoa, pretzel bites, and some sweet treats like cookies and rice crackers.
The soda shop first opened in 2010
- Founder Nicole Tanner opened the first Swig store with her husband, Todd, in St. George, Utah.
- The real estate and entertainment company, Larry H. Miller Company, then acquired a majority stake in the brand in 2022 with plans to accelerate its national expansion.
- The company has more than 40 locations in six states, with no offices in Kansas or Missouri.
Swig is tentatively set to open in December
- Company officials said the opening date could be delayed during the planning and permitting process.
- Prior to construction, the development plan for the drive-thru soda shop must first obtain approval from the Overland Park City Council within the next few months.
I want more? Nico & Ana’s Italian street food arrives in South Overland Park