Photo via Drybar Facebook
Drybar Shops, a California-based salon specializing in hair styling and hair treatments, will soon open its first Kansas City metro location at the Prairie Village Shops.
The new salon will take the place of a store at 3937 W. 69th Terrace, Suite B, adjacent to the Hollyday Med Spa.
The owner had been a Drybar customer herself
- Hannah Ellisen, who owns the future Prairie Village location, said she used to go to Drybar as a kid for photo day.
- When she got to college, she said she attended Drybar in Dallas, where she was a broadcast journalism student and needed to be camera-ready most days.
- “It provided me with so much ease and accessibility and once I found out it was a franchise, I quickly contacted them and asked about different markets and we finally landed in Kansas City,” Ellisen said.
This is Drybar’s first location in the KC area
- Ellisen said the decision to enter the Kansas City market through Prairie Village was a “no-brainer” after conducting market research.
- There aren’t many options like Drybar for women in Kansas City, Ellisen said.
- Ellisen said Drybar plans to open three or four more locations in Kansas City and is looking into Overland Park and Lee’s Summit.
Drybar only offers styling services
- The company only offers blowouts or heat tooling, no cuts or coloring, Ellisen said.
- The blowouts, which include a wash, start at $55 and ramp up with add-ons like a scalp massage or Dutch braid, Ellisen said.
- View an online menu and styles here.
Drybar Prairie Village plans to open in mid-May
- Ellisen said the stylists will be in the middle of training during April’s ball season.
- Details about the grand opening will be shared on Drybar’s social media, Ellisen said, including his Instagram.