LAWRENCE, Kan. – It will be an early morning for Kansas basketball fans who want to be a part of ESPN’s College GameDay.
Two-hour basketball show will air from Allen Fieldhouse on Saturday, February 18, starting at 9:00am
It is the second consecutive season of basketball that the Jayhawks host College GameDay. The show also made its first trip to Lawrence during last year’s football season.
That’s all fans need to know to attend GameDay in Lawrence on Saturday morning.
- Student doors open at gate 2
- Doors open to the public at Gate 6
- Gate 11 open for anyone requiring accessible entry
- 9 in the morning
- ESPN’s GameDay broadcast
Parking during College GameDay is free.
Vehicles must be moved by noon, when normal game day parking enforcement will begin.
Fans are encouraged to bring signs, but a sign-making station will also be available in the foyer leading up to the show.
During the basketball game, signs may not be higher than three feet and may not obstruct the view of fans or Allen Fieldhouse signage. Signs, banners and flags that contain obscene language are prohibited.
Kansas Athletics has the right to remove any sign or banner at any time for any reason and the owner of the sign or banner may be removed from the arena.
Clear baggage policy
Kansas Athletics has a clear bag policy in place at Allen Fieldhouse.
Bags must be clear, plastic, vinyl, or PVC, and may not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″ in size. A gallon-sized clear plastic bag is also permitted inside the Fieldhouse.
Even small pochettes, the size of a hand, with or without a handle or shoulder strap (they cannot be larger than 5.5” x 8.5”).
Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection by a supervisor at each gate.
Each fan can bring one unopened bottle of water (up to 20 oz)
Allen Fieldhouse fans can use a text message reporting system on game days to quickly summon KU event staff.
In the event of an emergency, problem with the establishment or to report a disturbance in your area, send an SMS text message to 55678, keyword KUHELP. Then type in the problem and location.
- Given to the first 1,000 fans
- Mesh hats
- National Championship Chair ’22
- One fan will win a ’22 National Championship chair autographed by Bill Self
- Half court shot
- One student will have a chance to win $19,000 during the show
Lost and found
Fans who discover an item is missing after leaving the building may call 785-864-0591 during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Each child should be told to contact the nearest guest services staff (grey shirt or black vest) if lost. Lost children will be taken to Guest Services, located on the southwest corner of the second level (section 13 of the concourse) in Allen Fieldhouse. Parents looking for a lost child should contact Guest Services.
There is a long list of prohibited items that will not be allowed inside Allen Fieldhouse. These elements include:
- Metal containers, bottles, cans, liquid containers and coolers
- Backpacks, duffle bags, bags larger than a clutch (5.5″ x 8.5″ max), fanny packs, diaper bags, mesh bags, colored plastic bags, any clear plastic bag larger than 12″ x 6″ ” x 12″, camera or binocular cases
- Food, video cameras
- Umbrellas, strollers, bicycles
- Weapons (as defined by the University’s gun policy) of any kind, including concealed firearms and fireworks
- Poles/sticks of any kind
- Horns, whistles, boomboxes and/or other loud devices
- Any object that can be used as a missile
- Pets (except service animals for guests with disabilities)
- Anything that creates disturbance or disturbance