GameStop is one of the best gaming retailers around, because they carry a lot of recently released games. GameStop also offers buyers with many options to choose from. GameStop carries pre-owned and new products in their stores. In addition to that, they have many deals involving used and new items.
However, there are a lot of questions for buyers and sometimes it is difficult to get the answers from GameStop. For that reason, we have provided you with a guide on how to use GameStop services as a buyer.
GameStop Used or New Items Policy
There are different types of purchases at GameStop. There are new games, pre-owned games, and digital games as well. Each type comes with different policies and guidelines to use them. GameStop offers their customers with some great options for buying products that fit their needs.
How to Cancel an Order on GameStop?
One question that GameStop users often come across with is “How to cancel GameStop Order?” or “How to cancel GameStop Purchase?” And this guide is crafted to answer this question in detail. So, the buyers can easily use the platform without any hassles.
There is not an easy way to cancel GameStop orders. You must go the store in person and inform them of the cancellation.
On the same note, if you purchased your order online or over the phone, there are limited time frames to be eligible for a refund. Therefore, if you want to cancel your GameStop order, you must do it before the store processes it.
Once the order is processed and if you decide to cancel, GameStop gives you these options.
- You will be able to keep your game or item and get a refund on any shipping and handling charges that were applied to your order.
- Return the pre-owned game and get a refund on the game and shipping.
Important to Note: Cancelling orders can only be done in person at a store. The customer must ask for a manager and inform them of their order cancellation, along with the reason why they are canceling it. Please note that all returned items should go through the correct return procedure, which includes a receipt and a completed Store Return Form.
How to Cancel an Order on GameStop as a Guest?
If you did not purchase anything on your GameStop account, there are still a few things you can do to cancel an order.
- You will be able to get a refund up to $2.50 for any pre-owned or new products that were shipped out by GameStop and have not been delivered yet.
Important to Note: You can only cancel your order if it has not been delivered yet. If you have not received your order from GameStop, then you should contact them for assistance.
Once you receive the package from GameStop and decide to return the item, please remember to bring a copy of the receipt that has a completed Store Return Form. The form will allow you to get a refund for the $2.50 that is provided from GameStop, if you are eligible.
How to Cancel an Order on GameStop with Store Manager?
If the customer contacts the store manager and informs him about the intention to cancel an order, then they should be informed about the following:
- The manager should inform the customer of the cancellation date and time, in which case the order was cancelled
- The manager should note that if the item has already been shipped out, then it is not possible to cancel it
- You will be able to get a refund for new and pre-owned items that have not yet been delivered by GameStop.
- You will be able to return the item and get a refund if it is still in its original packaging
- If you purchased goods that were shipped out by GameStop, then you are not eligible for a cancellation at all.
Can I Cancel an Order on GameStop Before Delivery?
If the customer cancels their order from GameStop with a store manager before it has been delivered, they need to bring a copy of the cancellation. The Store Manager will inform them about these things once they come in and cancel their order:
- As already mentioned above, you will be able to return your pre-owned or new items if it has not been shipped out by GameStop yet.
- You will be able to get a refund for the item that has not been delivered by GameStop.
- The manager will also provide you with a copy of the cancellation, so you can refer back to it if necessary.
How to Cancel an Order on GameStop Before It is Shipped Out?
If the customer calls and cancels their order before it has been shipped out, they need to speak with the customer service of GameStop. The customer service is available from 8am – 9pm CST at 1-888-488-GAME (4263) and will provide you with these details:
- If your order has not been shipped yet, then you will be able to cancel your order
- The customer service rep will confirm the cancellation date and time, so you can have a reference of when the cancellation took place.
- If your order has not been shipped out yet, then GameStop will provide you with a refund.
- You should call the customer service number if you need further assistance on canceling your order.
If you ordered new or pre-owned items, then GameStop will provide you with information about returning the item for a full refund. The customer service rep will also give you details on when and how to return the package to GameStop.
I hope this guide is helpful and you will have sufficient information regarding canceling an order on GameStop. If you have any questions or concerns about using GameStop, share in the comments section.