Following the Kansas City Chiefs victory, RideKC in Johnson County will offer shuttle service from the Oak Park Mall to the Chiefs Victory Parade on Wednesday, February 15, 2023.
All other RideKC bus transit services will be suspended on parade day. Freedom (Special Edition) and SWIFT (paratransit) service will function normally. Micro Transit service will also be available but will not serve the parade grounds.
The free shuttle service to downtown Kansas City, Missouri will depart from a park-and-ride location in Johnson County:
- Johnson County riders can hitch a ride on a RideKC or yellow school bus at the Oak Park Mall park-and-ride area (11149 W. 95th St., Overland Park, south of Hillcrest Bank, at northeast of Macy’s on Nieman Road)
- People would have to park at the mall and walk to catch the bus.
- Passengers will be dropped off at 25th and Southwest Boulevard and should return to the same location to return to the Oak Park Mall.
- The shuttle service will start at 7:30 on the day of the parade. The last trip to the parade will depart at 11am. If you are not on a bus by 11am, you will not be able to travel.
- Return trips to Johnson County will begin at noon and continue until 4:30pm
Riders should be prepared for significant wait times to board a shuttle. As traffic is expected to be heavy, a single return journey is estimated to take at least 90 minutes, barring unforeseen circumstances.
Details from KCMO on the parade and victory celebration:
- Head to chiefsparade.com for full parade details. The Kansas City Sports Commission will provide that information.
- Sign up for text notifications about the event by texting KCPARADE at 888-777.
- The parade will begin Wednesday, February 15 at noon. The exact route will be announced Tuesday morning, along with transportation and public safety details.
- The celebration includes a victory rally at Union Station at approximately 1:30 p.m., shortly after the parade ends.