Financial website Wallethub named Leawood one of the best small cities in the United States. Above, the Leawood City Hall building. Stock photo.
Financial website Wallethub considers Leawood one of the best “small” cities to live in.
In this year’s State of the City report, Mayor Peggy Dunn announced that the city received the top honor in Wallethub’s most recent small-town rankings.
The report included several small towns in the United States.
Wallethub ranked Leawood 15th in small cities in the United States
- The report included cities with populations between 25,000 and 100,000 people.
- Leawood placed in the 99th percentile, which means it earned Wallethub’s highest possible score.
- This marks the second time Leawood has recently been placed on the national map, following the recent US Census Bureau report that also established Leawood as one of the wealthiest cities in the country.
The ranking took into account the livability of Leawood
- Wallethub determined Leawood’s high status mainly with five factors of livability.
- Leawood ranked highly for its affordability, economic health, education, quality of life, and safety.
- The report used 43 other “key metrics” to evaluate Leawood, including graduation rates and restaurants.
Leawood was the only city in Johnson County to rank in the 99th percentile
- However, Lenexa and Shawnee scored in the 93rd and 90th percentiles, respectively.
- In the greater Kansas City metropolitan area, Lee’s Summit, Missouri scored in the 59th percentile.
- The overall sample in the report included more than 1,300 cities across the country.
Read more: The best seats of 2023