9/10 BAYLOR BEARS (20-7, 9-5 Big 12)Position: Waco, Texas Conference/Affiliation: Big 12Head coach: Scott Drew (Butler, 1993)Roster | Statistics | Game notes (PDF)
14/16 Kansas State (20-7, 8-6) vs. 9/10 BAYLOR (20-7, 9-5)February 21, 2023 • 18:00 CTManhattan, Kan. • Bramlage Coliseum (11,000)
LIVE STATISTICS: Statistical transmissionCLOCK: ESPN2Talent: Rich Hollenberg (pxp), Fran Fraschilla (analyst)LISTEN: Learfield/ ESPN 1660 AM / 92.3 FM in Central Texas and on the Varsity Network app. Talent: John Morris (PBP), Pat NunleySIRIUS XM: Sirio 83, XM 83, Internet 83Baylor Social Media:
14/16 KANSAS STATE WILDCATS (20-7, 8-6 Big 12)Position: Manhattan, Kan.Conference/Affiliation: Big 12Head coach: Jerome Tang (Charter Oak State College — 2007) Roster | Statistics | Game notes (PDF)
• #9/10 Baylor continues his Sunflower State run with a 6:00 p.m. matchup against #14/16 Kansas State on ESPN2 Tuesday.
• This is the 49th game in series history with BU leading 25-24
• BU have won seven of their last eight meetings, including the last three in Manhattan.
• Kansas State snapped BU’s seven-game hitting streak in the series, the longest for either team.
• KSU’s win was the series’ first in overtime since January 20, 2016.
• The Bears are aiming to avoid a series win at the hands of the Wildcats for the first time since 2019.
• BU is suffering an 87-71 loss to Kansas, where the Jayhawks suffered four turnovers, the fewest by a BU opponent since WVU in 2014.
• The Bears are the only Big 12 team to have at least one win over the Jayhawks in each of the past 4 years.
• BU’s eight quad-one wins rank second among the Big 12 (Kansas — 13).
• Baylor is 12-3 against top 10 ranked teams over the last 3 years, beating numbers 5, 9, 6, 6, 10, 6, 1, 6, 8, 5, 8 and 9.
• Drew won 20+ games in 14 of the last 16 years — the Bears had 3 20+ win seasons before his arrival.
• BU won 8-plus Big 12 games in 12 consecutive seasons after winning 8-plus just 3 times in the league’s first 15 years.
• BU has a 75-game hitting streak shooting with a higher percentage than its opponent (last loss March 2, 2019 at K-State).
• The Bears are best 26-10 in the nation against top 25 AP teams over the past four years, with 16 of those wins on the road.
• With a 25-8 record, BU has the best Big 12 road record in the past four seasons and is one of only three teams with a record .500+ road trips in the conference during that span.
• Baylor’s 52-13 Big 12 record over the past four seasons is the best of any Power-5 team.
• BU is 163-94 in the Big 12 in 13 seasons since 2010 after going 59-149 in the league’s first 13 seasons.
• Baylor has had double-digit Big 12 wins in 7 of the last 8 years and 9 of the last 13 seasons. BU did not achieve double-digit Big 12 victories in any of its first 13 years in the league.
• Against TCU, BU trailed by 10 with 8:44 to play, overcoming a 10-point second-half deficit on the road for the first time in over three years (1/18/20, at OSU).
• Adam Flagler he scored 16 straight second-half points against the Frogs to lead BU to its fourth Big 12 road win of the season (T-most in the conference).
• Signaller leads the Big 12 (8th in the nation) in assist-to-turnover ratio (3.00).
• George Keyone AND flagler they were named to Jerry West’s Top-10 and Naismith’s midseason team.
• The BU duo made the Bears one of the two teams in the nation with the most members on the Naismith Midseason Team.
• George he has 11 20-point games this season, the most by a BU freshman since Lawrence Roberts (11) in 2001-02.
• by George 16.6 points per game ranks third among freshmen in Division I.
• With a win over TCU, Flo Thamba he passed Matthew Mayer for the most Big 12 wins in program history (54).
• All six of BU’s losses came against teams currently ranked in the AP Top 25.
• Eleven of Baylor’s 12 starting point guards during the Scott Drew was they earned All-Big 12 honors.