TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) – The NOTO Arts & Entertainment District invites all young emerging artists to participate.
There is no cost to participate.
As part of the launch of the Redbud Festival on April 1, from 11pm to 3pm, NOTO Arts Center is hosting a youth art exhibition inside the Redbud Park Pavilion that will run throughout the month of April. Artwork is being accepted in all mediums with the theme of ‘Spring Blooms’. However, artists are free to incorporate whatever they like.
Here are some additional details about the exhibit.
- Each artwork should have the child’s name on the back and what school/daycare/family they belong to and contact information.
- 2D graphics (drawings, paintings, photographs, etc.) cannot be larger than a 12×18 size. You can use different substrates, for example wood panels, paper, canvas.
- 3D graphics may not be larger than a 12″ x 12″ boxed size.
- Artwork must be finished and delivered to NOTO Arts Center March 15-25 during normal business hours, Wed. 11-5, Thurs. and Fri. 11-7, Sat. 10-3, to be included.
- The artworks will be available for collection in the week of May 1st to 13th. Any artwork not picked up by the 13th will become the property of NOTO Arts Center.
- 11:00 – Opening of the children’s art exhibition inside Redbud Park
- 11:00 – Interactive artistic treasure hunt
- 23:00 – 14:00 Live music to be defined
- 1:00pm – Spring Planting Activity and Redbud Spring Giveaway
- 3:00 – End of the children’s art show
Interactive art treasure hunt
Activity with sidewalk chalk
Contact [email protected] for more information and to enter your child as a participating artist.