Wednesday’s game features the SMU Mustangs (15-9) and the Wichita State Shockers (15-11) battling it out at Moody Coliseum (February 22) at 7:00 PM ET. This matchup, according to our computer’s prediction, will result in a 66-58 victory for SMU.
The Mustangs enter this game following a 70-62 loss to South Florida on Saturday.
About the SMU vs. Wichita State game
- When: Wednesday, February 22, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET
- Where: Moody’s Coliseum in Dallas, Texas
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college basketball and other live sports without cable!
SMU vs. Wichita State Score Prediction
SMU 66, Wichita State 58
Analysis of the SMU program
- Against the Houston Cougars, a top 100 team in our computer rankings, the Mustangs secured their best win of the season on Jan. 21, a 53-50 home win.
- SMU has four losses to Quadrant 2 opponents, tied for 43rd in the nation.
- The Mustangs have six victories over Quadrant 3 teams, tied for 41st in the nation.
SMU best wins 2022-23
- 70-56 on the road above Cal (#90) on Dec. 4
- 68-66 at home to East Carolina (#92) on Jan. 14
- 84-71 in Gardner-Webb (#117) on December 3
- 61-54 on the road above Tulsa (No. 127) on January 28
- 81-58 at home to Tulsa (#127) on Feb. 7
Watch college hoops all season long on all your wireless devices with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
About SMU performance
- The Mustangs average 64.1 points per game (199th in college basketball) while allowing 58.6 points per outing (50th in college basketball). They have a +131 overall scoring differential and outscore opponents by 5.5 points per game.
- At 59.5 points per game in AAC tilts, SMU posts 4.6 fewer points per game in conference games than its overall average (64.1 PPG).
- At home, the Mustangs are averaging 7.4 more points per game (66.8) than they are on the road (59.4).
- SMU is giving up 52 points per game at home this season, which is 12.7 fewer points than they allowed on the road (64.7).
- The Mustangs’ offense has been worse in their last 10 games, averaging 60.9 points per game compared to 64.1 points per game this season.
© 2023 Data Write. All rights reserved.