TOPEKA (KSNT) – A man wanted for allegedly breaking into a house and ramming a police car is arrested after months on the run.
On the afternoon of August 19, 2022, Topeka Police responded to a call in the 2100 block of Southwest Potomac Drive. Topeka spokeswoman Rosie Nichols says Andrew Wagoner, 24, of Topeka, allegedly broke into a home, stole property and was involved in a disturbance with a gun.
Officers found Wagoner a short time later. They tried to arrest him, but police say he rammed a patrol vehicle and ran away.
Police finally located Wagoner again on January 31 and arrested him. He has been booked in jail on the following charges:
- Aggravated theft; abode for crime, theft, sex
- Aggravated assault of a law enforcement officer
- Aggravated assault; use of a deadly weapon
- aggravated battery; knowingly using a weapon to cause serious bodily harm/disfigure/death
- Fleeing or attempting to evade law enforcement by engaging in reckless driving
- reckless driving; unknown conviction
- Immersion on the left side of the roadway
- Speeding; maximum limits
- Interference with a law enforcement officer; unknown circumstance; crime
- Wait for another Kansas county