Wichita State @ Eastern Carolina
Current records: Wichita State 10-10; Eastern Carolina 11-10
What to know
The Wichita State Shockers and the East Carolina Pirates will face off in an American Athletic matchup at noon ET on Jan. 29 at Minges Coliseum’s Williams Arena. East Carolina will stalk after a win, while the Shockers will stumble after a loss.
Wichita State was within striking distance but failed to close the gap last Wednesday as they fell 95-90 to the Tulane Green Wave. Despite the loss, Wichita State saw many of its players rise to the challenge and make noteworthy plays. guard Jaykwon Walton, who shot 5-of-9 from beyond the arc and finished with 24 points and six cents, was best among peers.
Meanwhile, East Carolina beat the Tulsa Golden Hurricane 76-66 last week. Guard RJ Felton and forward Brandon Johnson were among East Carolina’s leading playmakers as the former had 23 points along with five rebounds and the latter had 24 points along with eight rebounds.
The Shockers are the favorites in this one, with an expected margin of victory of 3.5 points. The odds have been in their favor relative to the road spread this season, although it has been tough luge overall. They are 4-0-2 ATS on the road but only 8-10-2 all things considered.
Wichita State is now 10-10 while the Pirates sit at 11-10. East Carolina is 5-5 after wins this year and Wichita State is 6-3 after losses.
How to watch
- When: Sunday at 12:00 ET
- Where is it: Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum — Greenville, NC
- TV: ESPN University
- Online Stream: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports app
- Ticket cost: $12.00
The Shockers are a 3.5-point favorite against the Pirates, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line drifted slightly towards the Shockers, as the game opened with the Shockers as 1.5 point favorites.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
History of the series
Wichita State has won six of their last seven games against East Carolina.
- December 31, 2022 – East Carolina 79 vs. Wichita State 69
- March 05, 2022 – Wichita State 70 vs. East Carolina 62
- January 01, 2020 – Wichita State 75 vs. East Carolina 69
- March 14, 2019 – Wichita State 73 vs. East Carolina 57
- March 05, 2019 – Wichita State 72 vs. East Carolina 55
- February 06, 2019 – Wichita State 65 vs. East Carolina 49
- January 11, 2018 – Wichita State 95 vs. East Carolina 60