Jannah Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.

Johnson County woman convicted, ordered to pay more than $31,000 in restitution for Medicaid fraud


KANSAS, January 25 – OLATHE – (January 25, 2023) – A Johnson County woman was sentenced to 24 months in jail and ordered to pay more than $31,000 in restitution to the Kansas Medicaid program for Medicaid fraud, the prosecutor said today Kansas General Kris Kobach.

Carol Elaine Hensley, 63, of Overland Park, pleaded guilty in Johnson County District Court to one count of misrepresentation, misrepresentation or allegation to the Medicaid program and one count of computer related misdemeanors. Johnson County District Court Judge Timothy P. McCarthy sentenced Carol Hensley to 24 months in prison and ordered her to pay $31,174.49 in restitution. The prison sentence was suspended and she was ordered to serve 12 months of probation.

An investigation found that Hensley had served as a personal assistant to her two adult Medicaid-recipient children. From January 1, 2018 to February 28, 2022, Hensley filed false Medicaid payment claims as if she were providing services to adult children. Investigators found that Hensley was actually working different jobs or that her adult children were in day support services.

The case is part of “Operation Keeping Them Honest,” a cooperative effort between the Attorney General’s Office and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services/Office of the Inspector General to investigate fraudulent Medicaid billing for personal assistance services provided in the homes of Medicaid beneficiaries. This ruling concludes the latest case in this joint effort to crack down on those who take advantage of these federal and state health care programs. To date, nine cases have been filed in the courts and five have reached the sentencing stage.

Other investigations are ongoing. The cases are being investigated jointly by federal and state authorities and being prosecuted by the Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud and Abuse Division. Senior Assistant Attorney General Eve Kemple of Kobach’s office prosecuted the case. The case was investigated by a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Special Agent/Office of the Inspector General and analysts Nicki Houk and Dalton May from Kobach’s office.

The following statement about the Kansas Medicaid Fraud Control Unit is required by the federal government: The Division of Medicaid Fraud and Abuse in the Attorney General’s Office receives 75 percent of its funding from the Department of Health and human services under a grant totaling $2,307,236 in Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2023. The remaining 25 percent, totaling $769,075 in FFY 2023, is funded by the Office of the Attorney general of Kansas from money recovered in litigation.

You just read:

News provided by

January 26, 2023, 08:06 GMT

Distribution channels:

EIN Presswire’s priority is source transparency. We do not accept opaque customers and our editors try to be careful to eliminate false and misleading content. As a user, if you see something that we have missed, please bring it to our attention. Your help is welcome. EIN Presswire, Everyone’s Internet News Presswire, seeks to define some of the boundaries that are reasonable in today’s world. See our editorial guidelines for more information.

Submit your press release

Content Source

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button